[cs_content][cs_section parallax=”false” style=”margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px 0px;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px;”][cs_text]
Job Title: Director of Real Estate and Business Development
Salary: $50,000 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: 13 paid holidays, 20 PTO days, flexible work schedule, health insurance (employer pays 80% of premium), gym membership, short- & long-term disability and 4% retirement match 401k, business cell phone
Application deadline: 5pm on Friday, August 5, 2016
Start date: September 1, 2016
About NewTown Macon
NewTown Macon, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is the driving force behind revitalization in downtown Macon, Georgia. Founded in 1996 by the Peyton Anderson Foundation and other community leaders, NewTown has leveraged more than $600 million of investment in the urban core over the past twenty years. NewTown’s main focus is on increasing the number of residents living in downtown while also working to grow jobs, create a sense of place, and advocate for community issues.
This position is responsible for construction administration, loan underwriting and management, business location services, concierge services for business start-up and real estate development. In addition, the Director of Real Estate and Business Development is the primary staff person responsible for projects related to the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail. The Director of Real Estate and Business Development is part of NewTown’s seven-member full-time staff, along with other part-time, intern and seasonal employees, at our headquarters on Poplar St. Employees are treated as professionals in their expertise. Staff members manage their own time and tasks, and a flexible work schedule is a benefit. Some night and weekend work is expected, as the nature of our work involves events and entertainment.
To learn more about NewTown, visit www.newtownmacon.com.
The Director of Real Estate and Business Development is a full-time mid-career level position responsible for fulfilling our mission by supporting real estate, business recruitment, construction and lending functions. This employee receives applications to NewTown’s revolving loan funds for real estate and business development (currently consisting of more than $7.5 million in assets). The employee answers inquiries from developers and entrepreneurs interested in downtown, assists businesses and developers in locating space and developing projects, and serves as a liaison with construction management teams. This position reports to the President and CEO and works closely with staff and Board members.
The successful employee will be affable, organized, detail-oriented with a good sensibility regarding financial planning for real estate and business. The employee will also be able to communicate complex construction and real estate concepts and plans to staff and volunteers. This position requires an employee is able to understand complex project finance, keep track of deadlines for concurrent project and maintain compliance for money NewTown borrows and lends. We are looking for a team member who brings professional skills in business, construction and real estate who can strengthen all aspects of our mission, especially developing new programs to grow jobs and increase residents.
– Bachelor’s degree required, in urban planning, construction management, entrepreneurship, business, historic preservation or a related field
– Five years of experience in a position with relevant responsibilities to this opportunity, OR a Master’s Degree in a closely related field
– Advanced computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
– Sophisticated financial analysis skills for business and real estate projects
– Experience with construction management
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
– Five years of experience in a position with relevant responsibilities to this opportunity, AND a Master’s Degree in a closely related field
– Experience recruiting, sustaining and growing small businesses
– Previous experience working for a non-profit with similar functions
– Certification or academic experience in real estate finances and development (Historic Real Estate Finance Professional certification preferred)
– Academic or work experience in business development, historic preservation, economic development and/or urban revitalization
– Manage NewTown’s revolving loan programs for lofts and businesses, managing application process and loan review committee- 35% of job
– Oversee deployment of approved loan funds into construction projects by processing draw requests and keeping accurate loan records and managing repayment of loans from borrowers- 35% of job
– Work with property owners and developers to place commercial tenants in downtown storefronts, increasing net occupancy- 15% of job
– Support the development of the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail, including coordinating meetings of the OHT executive committee- 10% of job
– General administrative tasks and other assignments to support the office and management- 5% of job
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline listed above.